Who is allisantos?
I am a media maker, artist, advocate, techie and creative who is in love with life. I am fascinated by people, documentation, and stories. Love and the various forms that it takes are my favorite stories.
I have a BA in Studio Art with an emphasis on photo and video. In my work, I aim for authenticity while exploring the dualities of life as it is and life as it could be. My hope is that people would understand that who you are is what makes you beautiful, valuable and integral to the human experience.
I am a master jack of all trades and am always up to something. Dreaming, creating possibility and bringing people together are my specialties.
Episode 8: I’m Asian American and… I’m Gender Queer
A “gender queer” woman discusses her blurred gender identity but has a supportive family who embraces her ambiguity as much as she does. (2014)
A photography project highlighting the lives of diverse proud gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer Filipino/as.
Selected Events, Projects & Involvements
- First female identified semi-finalist in the history of Hyphen magazine's Mr. Hyphen fundraising contest. March 2014.
- That's What She Said webseries
- The Pilipino Artist Network (PAN)
- RSVP Talk show appearance on The Filipino Channel (TFC)
- Transcending Boundaries, Art Exhibition, LA Gay & Lesbian Center, The Village at Ed Gould Plaza, June 2010
- TULAY: Symposium, Barangay LA, May 2011
- Decolonizing Our Media: The Making of an Asian Lesbian Web Series (and beyond), Pearl Girls Productions, Queer People of Color Conference April, 2011
- LGBTQ Issues Workshop for The Asian American Sponsor Program (AASP), Scripps College, Pomona, CA July 2011
- Art as Activism workshop, Barangay LA, Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture (FPAC) September 2011
- LQBTQ Panel for Critical Issues in Race, Class & Leadership Education (CIRCLE) Program, University of Southern California (USC), November 2011
- Festival of Pilipino Arts and Culture, community planning committee member on behalf of Barangay Los Angeles, September 2012
- Student Pilipino American History Month presenter, California State University, Northridge, October 2012
- Models of Pride, Presenter for That’s What She Said and The Malaya Project, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA October 2013
- Featured artist for Common Ground Orange County, Santa Ana, CA, January 2014